Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ignorance is Bliss? I don't think so...

Well, there are so many things happening now that I hardly know what to write about. As I sit in front of this computer screen, my fingers occasionally moving towards a letter and then withdrawing, and my eyes blankly fixed on the screen, my mind is filled to the brim with worries.

I am sure everyone who has seen this blog will know by now the dangers we face. Then why such ignorance? Is it the inability to act? Or simply laziness?

While we sit in our homes everyday, enjoying the air-conditioning, animals are dying. The ozone layer is depleting. The Earth is dying. Our home is being destroyed. We are destroying ourselves.

Thats right. Humankind is slowly rotting away without us even realizing it. Can you imagine the universe, but empty? The earth barren, scorched. The very earth that was once teeming with life.

How can I put all of this so that it will get to you? Why is only comfort important? Is this what humans have evolved into? A lazy, sloppy and ignorant creature which cares only about itself and does not realize that it is not the only living being on earth? We here are working so hard to get the world going to save itself from DEATH and all public does is look at stuff, be interested for a while and then forget completely about it. Why so? Its not only about you, you know! Come on! Help us for heavens sake! Be at least a little considerate to those who are already trying!

Now, if you say that there are already people doing stuff, so we don't need to, its not true. If we can leave it all to the people who are doing stuff, then it would be absolutely just to say that the Earth belongs to them only, and we should just leave.

I think we are all being lazy and ignorant. Save the Earth and prove me wrong!

No comments: