Wednesday, June 25, 2008

One step at a time

I understand the dilemma here. I know its hard to switch from comfort to, well... torture, but if thousands of people can do it, why not you? I had a hard time convincing everyone to work with me too, and to date I have only convinced less that 5 people (excluding my family. What? Is it my fault that they don't want to listen?). I had a hard time making the switch. On my first day of mission Go Green after learning about Global Warming (which was 2 years ago, mind you. I was 9!), I literally had to tape my hands down to keep me from touching the air conditioning remote! But that was just one victory. I learnt about the heaps of rubbish and incinerating plants and how we can recycle, reuse and simply just reduce. And that's what got me caring about the Earth.

We can work together to overcome this, and I know it. Like my teacher says: Determination will get you anywhere. 

I'm gonna be posting my small little victorious "steps" to share with everyone, and, hopefully, inspire everyone. For the sake of the welfare of the people, the wildlife, the animals, the plants, your friends, family, pets, and for you, let's make a change.

The right one.

[note: Okay fine, I was a teeny weensy bit exaggerating about the thousands of people thing. And... the taping me hands. But it worked, right?]

Signing off!
Rachel K.
THE GREEN TEAM

No comments: