Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Atractosteus spatula

Hiya people! Today i'm gonna be talking about...(drumroll please)...the Atractosteus spatula. Then again, you would know that if you've read the title. And no, the Atractosteus spatula is not a spatula. (You know,the kitchen utensil?!) It is, in fact, an animal, more commonly known as the Alligator gar. Surprising, isn't it? Well, so is the animal. It is by far the strangest creature I have ever seen.
Ha, now I bet I've got you bursting with curiosity, just dying to find out how strange this animal is. Well, the Alligator Gar is...a weird sorta carnivorous fish.
Now, I don't mean to side track you here, telling you about some weird creature instead of global warming and stuff. But I was just surfing the web when I chanced upon this fascinating creature, and thought you guys might wanna take a look. How? Simple. Here's the link: http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/fish/alligator-gar.html
Go on. Have a look.
P.s. I'm not going that off-track, right? I mean, this mystifying creature can tell you that there is a wide variety of animals on earth, and...and we should protect them all! Yup, that's the earthy message in this post.
P.s.s. Sorry you're gonna have to copy the link onto your website thing on top of the screen to get to the page. I tried to make it a link, but then it wouldn't appear at all. Sorry people!

No comments: